Sunday, September 29, 2019

An Open Letter via Twitter to Greta Thunberg: a thread on Twitter and here below:




An Open Letter via Twitter to Greta Thunberg:
https://twitter.com/do_you_cli_fi_/status/1178264823181635584

Kid, you rock! Keep rockin' and keep rocking the boat. With your voice, your words, your passion, your angst, you are waking your generation up. It's important. Greta, when I was 19, long ago, I lived in Stockholm aboard the ''Af Chapman'' sailing vessel docked in the city harbor and used as a youth hostel for young people travelling in Europe. Summer 1969... Memories.

Greta, I want to tell you today about a new genre for novels and movies that we in America call "cli-fi." It stands for climate change novels or movies. Not "sci-fi" but "cli-fi." It's something you might be interested in...cli-fi.net

I'm telling you about cli-fi --   -- today because I hope that as you get older and write more books, even TV scripts for Swedish drama series there, you might take an interest in cli-fi and perhaps write a YA cli-fi novel for children and teens...

so with this open letter, I'm hoping you will want to learn more about the cli-fi genre and discuss it with your friends and followers. And perhaps read some cli-fi novels by Scandinavian writers in Sweden Finland and Norway...

and most importantly, as you enter your 20s and 30s, I hope you might try your hand at writing a cli-fi novel for adults. I just want to wish you well, good luck, and tell you about my friend in Goteborg, Staffan Fennander, who I met in Rome while he was busking

Staffan is an old man now, like me, 70, but we remain "forever young" in our hearts and minds, and I hope you will remain forever young, too...

goodbye and good luck, Greta, I hope this tweet thread finds you in happy spirits during your sojourn in North America (and soon , too).

 here's looking at ya, Kid....

SO: do your best, Greta. Give it your best shot. I know you will. -- Ciao, from Dan Bloom, doing my best to promote cli-fi to the world as "a wake up call" literary genre.


######


[THREAD OVER] with over 5000  inpresssions by Twitter users, whatever "impressions' means. Clicks? Page views? Hits? Quick looks?



No comments: